Western Union is the industry leader in global money transfer with about 485,000 agent locations in 200 countries and territories. The product has a long history of connecting people around the globe with financial services that are fast, reliable and convenient.
||Available in all Sterling Bank branches nationwide.
- Family members of overseas or immigrant workers who need financial support at home for basic household needs
- Students; for living allowances and to pay tuition fees
- Travellers who need urgent cash
- General people who need immediate cash for urgent use.
Transaction Code: The customer must come with a ten (10) digit Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN).
- International Passport
- Drivers’ Licence
- National ID Card
Foreigners must have valid visa on their International Passport
In line with CBN directive;
All account types can be used to reference a money transfer customer
- All in-bound money transfers to Nigeria shall only be disbursed to beneficiaries through bank accounts
- Where the beneficiary does not have a bank account, payments shall only be made upon the provision of a satisfactory reference from an account holder in the bank, confirming that the beneficiary is the bonafide owner of the funds.
||$7,500 or equivalent per individual per day unless otherwise stated.
||Funds are received in the beneficiary’s preferred currency
- Easy to receive
|Cross Selling Opportunities:
- All Savings and Current Accounts
- Fixed Deposits
- Domiciliary Account
- Mobile Banking
- Internet Banking
- BDC Window